52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 45
Week 45: Bearded
There’s been a fad the past few years of "No Shave November" or "Novembeard" – making this the perfect time to feature ancestors with a beard. The popularity of facial hair has waxed and waned over the decades, but the last half of the 19th century and early 20th century saw men sporting all kinds of beards and mustaches. Find a photo of someone in your family tree with a great beard and share his story.
Movember where facial hair is all the rage, it has been hair-raising bucket loads of money supporting various men’s charities since 2003 when it started in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia.
This is the Alfred’s.
My Mum’s Fathers side of the family.
- The man with the Beared is my 4th Great Grandfather Alfred 1807 – 1869
- The man in the Moustache is my 3rd great grandfather Alfred – 1830 – 1909
- The younger one at the back is my 2nd Grandfather Alfred – 1856 – 1910
- The baby is Clifford – 1885 – 1955 – My great grandfather
- His brother was also Alfred 1879 – 1979 (Not Pictured)
- and son – 1906 – 1933 you guessed it was named Alfred’s.
I have been searching for hours for the family history about the Alfred’s that my aunt gave me and I can’t find it, it must be on my mac.