52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 24
Week 24: Father’s Day
We covered Mother’s Day in May and now it’s Dad’s turn. Which forefather will you highlight this week?
In Australia Father’s Day isn’t until the first Sunday in September. I have written a lot about my own Dad and His Dad, but not so much about my Mum’s Dad Norman. There isn’t a lot I know about him.
- He was born in Melbourne in 1931 to Clifford & Rose.
- He married my Grandmother Edith in 1948, when he was 17 and she was 16.
- They had my Mum (aged 19), Aunty Sue (aged 23), Aunty Jenny (age 25).
- After talking with my Aunty, I found out he worked at the local Army Base.
- The family lived near the inner city in Flemington / Newmarket, with My grandmothers Aunty Dulcie.
- He died in 1961 aged 30.