Let’s Get Cooking – Steak & Walnut Salad with Pesto Dressing
Steak & Walnut Salad With Pesto
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 Minutes
- 3 cup(s) baby rocket or other salad green
- 3 tablespoon(s) walnuts (or nuts/seeds of your choice)
- 6 tablespoon(s) Pesto (was almost empty so added the dressing).
- Salad Dressing (no idea what I used, one was a Paul Newman Citrus dressing).
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- salt to season / cracked pepper to season
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil for frying
- Heat fry-pan over high heat and melt the remaining oil.
- Sear the steak 2 to 3 minutes on all sides, being mindful to get a good char on the outside but not over cooking. (I like mine cooked)
- Remove from the pan and cover with foil to continue cooking whilst it rests.
- Once you have cooked your steak and let it rest, slice ready for serving.
- In a bowl dress the baby rocket with the extra-virgin olive oil and toss in the walnuts, Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, smear the pesto on the plate, top with the steak, place baby rocket salad on top, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.