just found this in my drafts folder.
Wednesday – Pearl Barley Kideny Bean soup http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food/recipes/recipe/-/6464943/pearl-barley-kidney-bean-soup/
1 white onions
2 cloves garlic
1/2 litre homemade vegetable stock
1/4 cup pearl barley, raw
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
1/4 cup leek white
1/4 cup celery root [celery if root not available]
1 vine ripened tomato, diced finely
2 tsp fine polenta
2 tbsp chopped chives
6 leaves fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp mustard oil [olive oil if not available]
• Soak pearl barley and kidney beans separately and boil separately till tender.
• Heat mustard oil in soup pot add onions, sweet potato, celery root, leek, fry on low heat for three minutes.
• Add garlic rosemary, polenta meal, add vegetable stock, cooked barley, kidney beans boil softly for twenty minutes. • Add chopped tomatoes and chives and serve.
Mexican Lettuce Wraps from slimming & health low fat summer cookbook Serves 8
300g lean beef mince
400g baked beans
400g can crushed tomatoes
1 satchet taco or burritto seasoning
7 lettuce cups
8 cherry tomatoes
80g shredded cheese
100g bean sprouts
200g jar salasa.
• brown mince in pan. add beans, canned tomatoes and seasoning, heat through
• Place 3 Tbsp of mixture in centre of lettuce leaf, add cherry tomato, 10g cheese, bean sprouts and 1 Tbsp salsa. • Wrap to enclose filling, serve immediately.
Tandoori lamb cutlets from slimming & health low fat summer cookbook Serves 4
400g lean lamb chops, fat removed
2tbsp plain reduced fat yogurt
1 Tbsp Tandoori Spice mix
• mix tandoori spice and yogurt. for best results, marinate lamb in tandoori mixture for at least one hour before cooking. • grill lamb until cooked through
• drizzle with yogurt dressing when serving
• serve with a salad.
2 tbsp plain reduced fat yogurt
1 tbsp fresh coriander or coriander paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
• mix all ingredients well
Chicken and asparagus risotto from slimming & health low fat summer cookbook serves 7
1 1/2 tbsp oil
400g chicken fillet, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cups aborio rice, unranked
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice.
1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan.
• Heat oil in pan, then fry chicken and mushrooms until lightly golden, set aside. • fry onion in pan for 2-3 minutes
• add rice. cook for two minutes, storing continuously. add wine. continue storing until wine is absorbed. • add stock. 1 cup at a time, until all is absorbed, storing regularly • when rice is of creamy consistency, add chicken, mushrooms and asparagus • stir in parmesan and lemon juice.
Roast & Veg,
This one i have adapted a little
super food ideas – super fast book. / taste.com.au http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16572/chicken+peanut+salad serves 4
Roast chook is given an international twist in this crunchy, colourful salad that’s so easy to make and low-fat, too.
• 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
• 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 small lemon, juiced
• 1/2 barbecued chicken, skin and bones discarded, shredded • 250g beansprouts, trimmed
• 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated use wraps instead of lettuce leaves, ask have a similar meal on this weeks planner.
• Using a mortar and pestle, pound garlic and chilli until crushed. Add peanuts and pound until roughly crushed (see note). Transfer to a large bowl. Add sugar, fish sauce and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
• Add 2 cups chicken and beansprouts to peanut mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt. Arrange lettuce in a bowl and top with chicken peanut salad. Serve.
Tuesday – take away night, something healthy like subway.